Thai Chicken Wraps
Comments: This is a great fusion recipe, inspired by the fresh flavors of Thailand.
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 3 MexAmerica Garlic & Herb Wraps
- 1 pound chicken tenders (6-7)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or corn oil
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup snow peas, cleaned and rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, rough chopped
- In a large pan, heat the sesame and olive oils. Add the chicken in batches. First brown both sides and then turn the heat down just until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the rice wine vinegar, lime juice and sweet chili sauce. Stir, scraping up any brown bits in the pan, and bring it to a full rolling boil. Boil for about 1 minute, until the sauce is thick.
- Turn off the heat and add the snow peas, cashews and cilantro. Stir thoroughly so the chicken is well coated.
- Place two tenders and an appropriate amount of sauce on each wrap. Roll up and enjoy!
Chef Lynn’s Tips:
If you love an in-your-face cilantro taste, leave the leaves whole. If you prefer it to be more subtle, chop it finely so it will distribute evenly through the sauce.