Cajun Chicken Wrap with Cheesy-Bean Spread
Mark Hobart is Chef/Catering Coordinator for Bloomfield Hills Schools. This wrap is one that he likes to make at home and it definitely falls in the realm of comfort food! Love it on a cold, winter day with homemade chili!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 Wraps
- 4 MexAmerica wraps
- 2 stalks celery
- 1/2 white onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/4 teaspoon each, salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 cans black beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups pepper jack cheese, coarsely grated
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup Penzey's Cajun Spice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cup cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- Optional: lettuce, tomato or avocado slices
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the Penzey's Cajun Spice. Set aside.
- Cut the celery, onion and bell pepper into fine dice. Add 1 clove garlic, pressed and salt and pepper. Sauté in the olive oil until soft. Add the drained beans and cook until the beans start to fall apart (about 10 minutes). Add the cheese and mash into a paste. Set aside.
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the butter until lightly browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. Set on paper towels to drain. Then move to cutting board and slice into strips.
- Spread the cheesy bean paste on a MexAmerica wrap (Tomato Basil or Garlic Herb). Add 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. Add the chicken and roll up. Set on a hot griddle for 20 seconds to toast.
- Optional: Add tomato, lettuce or avocados before you roll it up.