BBQ Chicken Pizza
Comments: Here's a lower calorie and healthier alternative to traditional pizza. The tortilla base is crispy and firm so it’s easy to pick up. Some people won't even notice the difference!
Total Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 2
- 1 MexAmerica Wheat Tortilla
- 4 tablespoons BBQ sauce - Just use your favorite!
- 3/4 cup white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup cooked chicken, bit sized pieces
- 1/2 cup cooked corn cut off the cob (or canned corn)
- 1/4 cup artichoke (packed in oil) cut into bite-sized pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the tortilla on a cookie sheet with no sides. Use a regular cookie sheet, not one that is air cushioned.
- Spread the tortilla with 2 tablespoons of the BBQ sauce. Top with the cheese and then the chicken, corn, and artichoke.
- Spoon the rest of the BBQ sauce over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The bottom of the tortilla will get crispy and beautifully browned. Slide it onto a plate and serve hot.
Chef Lynn’s Tips:
- You can also build your pizza on a pizza paddle and then transfer it to a preheated pizza stone, just like you would a regular pizza made with dough. This is actually ideal.
- Pizzas are great for using up leftovers. Save bits of ingredients like deli meats and include them for extra taste.
- The mistake most people make with chicken is overcooking it. If you are making the chicken just for the pizza, take it off the heat when it is just cooked through. Remember that it will get some more heat in the oven as the pizza is baking.